A Retrospective by Michael Perlowin (CD)
- Calculated at Checkout
"A Retrospective" by Michael Perlowin (CD)
Michael Perlowin has produced 3 albums of classical music on pedal steel guitar. This CD contains Mike's own favorites from those recordings, plus a live track from a chamber music concert. The tracks have been meticulously remastered for a seamless listening experience. The selections range from from the minimalist "Afternnoon of a Faun", which is just steel (sometimes played with an E-bow), guitar and bass, to the massive productions of the "Dance at the Gym" medley from West Side story, and Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov's epic "Capriccio Espagnol."
- Bourrée (Michael Praetorius) The live recording of the trio.
- Afternoon of a Faun (Claude Debussy)
- New Years Song #4 (Bela Bartok) from 44 duets for 2 violins. (total time from beginning to end: 34 seconds.)
- Berceuse and Finale (Igor Stravinsky) from The Firebird Suite.
- The Dance at the Gym Medley (Leonard Bernstein.) From West Side Story.
- Tonight Tonight, (Leonard Bernstein) From West Side Story.
- Cool/The Rumble (Leonard Bernstein) From West Side Story.
- One Hand One Heart (Leonard Bernstein) From West Side Story.
- Asturias (AKA Leyenda) (Isaac Albéniz)
- The Magic Circle (Manuel de Falla) from El Amor Brujo.
- Capriccio Espagnol (Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov.)